Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Being Uncreative

-Last Clean Shirt-

.EDU car dog bark clock tape looking honk talk honk turn bus close
pedestrians stop honk turn bus shift radio siren turn shot
"don't walk" shot brake .ashes to ashes. last clean shirt "walk"
*change view* clock empty FIN.
X3
One thing that I noticed from the film, is that the scene itself was repeated 3 times, and the car while driving only took 3 turns. I think there was meaning to that number 3 being that we have multiple ways to look at the situation.
The first trip around, all we hear is the woman speaking, and since I didn't understand her, I tried to focus on her but, I looked at the street the entire time, completely ignoring the two in the car. I looked at the buses and the pedestrians and the street signs although they were all fuzzy and blurry, I still tried to make them out. You could notice the honks and the screeches and sounds of the city.
The second trip, the focus was put back on the woman as her spoken ideas were being told to us through subtitles. I didn't notice the pedestrians or the signs anymore, but I wanted to hear what she was saying and I focused all my attention to her.
The third trip, the focus was put on the driver. He was still quiet, yet we were allowed to see into his mind just a little. He was given a voice that maybe otherwise he wouldn't have had. Without the 3rd trip around, we would miss the full picture.
This film was odd, yet appreciable. I did feel a little claustrophobic watching it, and I wanted to hop out each time when they got out of the car, but it started over again. I did appreciate that our vision was limited to what they saw. We weren't allowed to wander, but forced to sit in the backseat and listen and take the ride with them. Interesting!

No comments: