Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Frozen Cheesecake

I have been trying to come up with ways to look at my "everyday" differently. It is actually fun to try and see events and normal things in a different light, and just mix it up a little!

The last couple days, my boyfriend and I have both been pretty sick sneezing, coughing and so on. We decided to take it really easy, and he did this little project with me!

Just like in kindergarten, we had Opposite Day, where we would try to react the complete opposite way of what we normally would. It makes every situation completely different than what it would have been otherwise....

My Example:
I went to work at Claim Jumper yesterday, and they told me that my shift had been cut. Normally I would have been pissed that I had gotten ready in my uniform and drove all the way there... but I resisted my complaining, and said "Thank You" to my boss with a huge smile! I then called my boyfriend on my drive home to tell him how happy I was that I wasn't going to make any money that day! We ended up having the funnest night together. We walked the dogs without their leashes. Earlier that day, instead of putting the cheesecake we bought in the fridge, we decided to freeze it instead. When I got home we sat together on the floor instead of the couch, eating frozen cheesecake, watching a Spanish soap opera on TV (which we totally didn't understand) instead of the normal Sports Center that is always on!

It was a day that would have never happened if I would of had to work! I urge you to try something like this..... mix up your everyday... it's actually quite moving!

:)

No comments: